Gear Up: College Ready, Career Set! Overview
Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs
-- a U.S. Department of Education 7 year grant to help students achieve academically, prepare for college, go to college, and stay in college
Zapata Middle School is one of 25 middle schools in partnership with Region One ESC for the College Ready, Career Set! GEAR UP Grant.
Current Grade 7 students enrolled at Zapata Middle School are considered GEAR UP students and are eligible to receive services and attend events.
For updates, events, and information please join us online at: https://www.remind.com/join/ddc7gk
or using your smartphone (iphone or android) at the following link: http://rmd.at/ddc7gk
or text the message @ddc7gk to the number 81010.
GEAR UP Goal:
- Create a college and career culture that enhances the academic performance for all students, including sub-groups, so they excel in high school and succeed in college and beyond.
GEAR UP Objectives:
- Increase academic performance and preparation for postsecondary education of GEAR UP students
- Increase the rate of high school graduation and participation in postsecondary education of GEAR UP students through a systemic transformation of schools
- Increase GEAR UP students' educational expectations and students' and their families knowledge of postsecondary education, options, preparation and financing
- Increase students'/parents knowledge and skills, including STEM-Computer Science Skills and prepare them to be informed, thoughtful, and productive citizens